The Forge team showed strong at Autodesk University London. Back for our second year, we showed up with some amazing partners and classes. Here are some highlights from Peter Schlipf, Forge Partner Development EMEA lead.
Forge Partner Booths
- Moicon: Supercool Forge standalone demo for Fabric automization and IoT.
- NBS: RIBA National Building Standards for British architects uploaded 3D models to their collaboration and checking website.
- Collaborea: Cad & Company shared their next generation tool for BIM collaborations and checking.
- CADshare: shared their spare parts management solution.
- BIMLancher: John Egan shared the BIM PaaS solution based on Forge
- HoloBuilder: 360 degree progress documentation for construction.
Here were the Forge focused classes covered at AU London
- Royal BAM Group adopts Forge-based cloud solution platform to support modular construction strategy - Jaco Prins BAM, Desmond Layendecker CADAC
- Project 13: Digital Transformation Across UK Infrastructure Enterprises - Andy Molds
- Cloud-based manufacturing with Candy Mechanics - Chris Tait Candy Mechanics, Luke Edwards Autodesk
- Virtual Plant Engineering, closing the look from design to operations - Christian Hirschen GEA, Giulio Pagan
- Using Forge to connect to BIM IoT (Dasher 360) - Kean Walmsley Autodesk
- Manufacturing LUnch - ABB Example Mark Ek
- Forge Design Automation for Inventory - Automate your Inventor Workflows - Andrew Akenson and Loren Welsh Autodesk
- Royal BAM Forge-based cloud solutions, design collaboration next gen
- BIM 360 in the Academic Curriculum - Prof. Zulfikar Adamu, London South Bank University
- Connect and Construct Summit
- Future of Forge - Brian Roepke, Sr. Director Forge Product Management
- Industrialized Construction - Prof. Martin Fischer Stanford CIFE
Connect and Construct Summit
The team launched their first ever Connect & Construct Summit in EMEA. The event was great and likely the first of many more.
Image credit: Collin van Kooten
360 degrees of the AU Exhibit Hall
Explore our generatively designed 360 View of the AU London Exhibit Hall with Holobuilder HERE. HoloBuilder is a cloud-based way to share 360-degree views of construction sites to monitor progress. It integrates with BIM 360 Docs and BIM 360 Field—just upload floor plans and other documentation to the app, then connect them to your 360-degree image for flexible interactivity.
Forge Focused Exhibits
It was amazing to see some exciting Forge exhibits on the show floor. Here were a few notables.
- Sigma Estimates
- Vinci Construction
- Candy Mechanics
- Fulcrof with Fulmax Cave
Here's a shot of the cave
Image credit: @FULmax
Image credit: @keanw