We are pleased to inform you that Autodesk Construction Cloud (ACC) Issues API is out of beta. It has been officially released (y). There is no change in the endpoints nor the functionality from the preview phase. If you have been using the API during the preview beta, it should work as is. The documentation has been updated to include tutorials.
Issues feature is a shared component across multiple ACC product modules: Docs, Design Collaboration, Model Coordination and Build. The same feature is also accessible through Issues Add-in's for Revit and Navisworks. The Issues feature allows users to track issues in various phases and contexts in those modules.
Currently, following API functionalities are available:
- Read, create and update a project-level issues.
- Read and write comments.
- Retrieve the current user’s access permissions levels.
- Retrieve issues specific project settings: i.e., issue types, custom attributes definitions, and root cause categories.
A couple of points to note on the scope and limitations in this release:
- ACC Issues API is not compatible with BIM360 Issues.
- When creating an app or client id, include ACC API category.
- Issues API supports 3-legged authentication only.
- Reading/writing references are done through Relationships API in ACC environment. Please refer to this blog for more information.
- Document specific issues (a.k.a. pushpin issues) are not supported.
- Read/write access to issues specific permissions for project members is not supported. (Read current user's permission is possible through GET users/me).
- Write access to issue types definition and customer attributes is not supported.
- Some of dependencies are still missing, notably, GET project users. You may workaround by using account level GET users, companies or Data Connector API for the time being. We hope to have Admin API near future.
- Field Guild – this page lists the scope of current release and limitations.
- Step-by-Step Tutorials
- Reference Guide