As announced at DevCon Germany in October, Design Automation for Inventor is now in General Availability and ready for you to start using in your production work today! With Design Automation for Inventor you can bring your existing desktop iLogic or Add-ins to Forge for cloud-connected automation at scale. Some of the great things our customers are doing today with Design Automation include:
- Web-based sales configurators
- Engineering configuration
- Automated assembly generation and drawing creation
- Custom export of geometry and BOM
- Integration with back end systems like ERP
- Bulk update operation
With DevCon and Autodesk University Las Vegas right around the corner we're looking forward to bringing specific customer examples, reference code, hands-on labs and ways to get you up and running quickly with Design Automation for Inventor. If you're planning on attending DevCon or AU this year here are some sessions you should check out:
- FDC323090 - Automation Workflows with the Forge Design Automation API for Inventor
- FDC323705 - Graphically Interactive, Rules-Based Sales Engineering Automation with Forge
- FDC322552-L - Learning Lab: Modify files using Design Automation API
- SD323084 - Getting Started with Design Automation for Inventor on Forge
- SD324561 - What to Automate: Assessing Automation Projects with Examples
- SD323621 - Inventor on Forge
- 346134 - Get Expert Help with Forge Design Automation.
- 346129 - Get Expert Help with Forge Design Automation
This will be a great place to connect with other customers automating Inventor workflows on Forge, meet directly with the product team and leave with a better understanding of how to leverage your existing or future Inventor automation investment in the cloud, at scale, on Forge.
By the way, there is a booking system for all our Forge DevCon classes. So don't delay, register today - or you may find one of these classes is full.
See you in Vegas!