Since the introduction of Design Automation for AutoCAD in 2014 (FKA, AutoCAD I/O), the idea of batch processing design models by running core components of desktop products in the cloud has come a long way. The framework has evolved and, most notably, has expanded to support three more products: Inventor, Revit and 3ds Max. Currently, Design Automation is one of the most popular Autodesk Platform Services (APS) APIs.
As the number of customers who depend on applications that are built using Design Automation grows, it is also important to clearly identify supported versions of Design Automation engines.
The available versions of product engines used in Design Automation follow a similar policy as their corresponding desktop products . More specifically in the context of Design Automation:
- Each engine version is supported for four (4) calendar years after the initial release date of the corresponding desktop product.
- After this four (4) year period, the engine version becomes deprecated but remains available for an additional two (2) years and is then removed.
- A deprecated engine version can no longer be referenced in new appbundles and activities, but all existing references will continue to work.
- All attempts to reference a removed engine version will fail.
Consistent with this policy, Autodesk will remove the following engine versions, equivalent of desktop versions 2018 and earlier, by October 20, 2023. If you are using any of the following engine versions, you must migrate to an applicable supported newer version by this date.
- AutoCAD.20_1 (initial release date March 30, 2015)
- AutoCAD.21 (initial release date March 30, 2016)
- AutoCAD.22 (initial release date March 30, 2017)
- Autodesk.Inventor.2018 (initial release date March 30, 2017)
- Autodesk.Inventor.22 (initial release date March 30, 2017)
- Autodesk.Revit.2018 (initial release date March 2017)
For a full list of supported engine versions, please refer to this page.
If you encounter any issues or have any questions about this migration, please contact email@example.com.