We are right in the midst of our third annual Forge Hackathon, and we're super excited to see what our participants are hacking together this year.
The 2022 Forge Hackathon Showcase
September 27 at 7am CST/8am EST
After all submissions are in on Demo Day, it's time for the judges to deliberate! They get the unenviable task of picking winners for our 6 challenges:
- For the love of the 3d game! - Get creative with the three.js library and build a fun game we'll never want to put down. Bonus points will be awarded for using the Forge Viewer.
- Show me the Data! - The Forge Data APIs let you share the right data with the right teams at the right time. As a developer, you can access the underlying cloud APIs to power your custom apps and workflows. We want to see the creative ways you can make data work for you and your teams.
- I feel the need, the need for Digital Twin! - How smart or innovative is your digital twin? Is it something no one has ever seen before? Bonus points will be awarded for using the Data Visualization extensions for the Forge Viewer, and for making sure your digital twin is as environmentally friendly and sustainable as possible.
- Task automation is a state of mind - How many tedious, manual processes can be automated? Use the Forge Design Automation APIs to help you automate repetitive tasks, freeing up time and energy to focus on more complex workflows.
- There is no place like ACC - Autodesk Construction Cloud connects workflows, teams, and data at every stage of construction to reduce risk, maximize efficiency, and increase profits. If you're tackling this challenge, you'll get to take full advantage of the team that brought you ACC.
- Hack the planet! - The Forge toolbox enables you to deliver insights to realize more sustainable outcomes for the future. Use Forge APIs to build dashboards focused on increasing your sustainability score, connect materials databases, calculate carbon footprints, link to LCA platforms, and more! Unlock data from Fusion, Revit, and other tools to create a holistic sustainable solution.
The Hackathon Showcase takes place on Day One of Autodesk University, at 7 AM CST on September 27. Make sure you register for the session and tune in to catch the winners live!
If you participated in last year's hackathon, we will follow the same judging criteria below.
Show us an application that does something no one has seen before! The more creative, the more points you get.
How easy is it to use your app? Is it intuitive? Does it offer a stellar user experience?
Business problem solved
Does your solution have real world benefits? Can you deploy it live for people to use and solve their real world business problems?
Progress made during the week
The more you can accomplish during the actual week of Sept 19-23, the higher you score with the judges.
Depth of Forge use
How many Forge APIs and services were you able to leverage? The more you combine, and the more advanced use of the platform the more points you can score here.
Is your app jaw-dropping?
Sign up with your team, or join one before the hackathon. Be ready to start coding from day one! Teams can be made up of up to 4 people, and you can only participate on one team. Make the most of this week and come ready to showcase what you've built on Demo Day, September 23!
Pitch Day: September 19
We want to hear what you're thinking about making, so come tell us on Pitch Day! You can get feedback on your ideas, share your expertise, or find a team that you want to join.
Coding Support Period: September 19 - 23
During the week of the hackathon, you will have unlimited access to multiple Autodesk Forge support resources, including:
- The Forge platform and documentation
- The Autodesk engineering teams
- Forge Advocates
And, of course, 24x5 support hours. Whether you're an early bird or a night owl, someone will be online to guide you and answer any questions you may have.
Demo Day: September 23
Each team will submit a video showcasing the app they built for our judges. Live viewing of those videos will take place on September 23 according to each team's region.
Winner Selection: September 24
Judges will choose their winners over the weekend, and they will be announced live at the Hackathon Showcase on September 27.
See you then!